India is filled with beautiful sights and you can never get enough of them but there are certain offbeat places, which are either not yet discovered too much else not really explored well. Since we love travelling and exploring, we decided to list down top 5 beautiful sights in the country that you must visit this season. So make your bags, book your train tickets and train food parcel for your next trip to one of these places…
- Khajjiar – Couldn’t go to Switzerland for a trip? Well, we have a low cost alternative just for you. You can now go to Khajjiar in Himachal Pradesh! This location is meant for couples because of the striking resemblance to Switzerland, but also because it is a peaceful and quiet place. It is situated at the foot of the Dhauladkar and is around 2000 meters above the water level. If you search for views of this place, then you will know what we are exactly talking about. It is truly heavenly to spend some hours of peace in this place. You can enjoy the snow-clad Himalaya peaks during the winter time. Even though summer is more appropriate to visit this place yet if you love the cold weather then you must go soon!
- Suraj Tal Lake – Yet another place in Himachal Pradesh that will mesmerize you in the best way possible. The lake is located close to Baralacha La Pass and is the 3rd highest lake in the country. You will see gorgeous mountain tops, experience crazy cold weather and see glacier views here. You can also experience pin drop silence all around this area. If you want to go on a journey to find yourself and to spend some time alone, then this place is meant for you. You will not regret visiting this stunning location!
- Tso Moriri Lake – This is a gem you will find in Ladakh. The Tso Moriri Lake is located in the Changthang Plateau, which is known as the highest plus widest plateaus in India. It is said that salt from found and extracted from this lake till the year 1959. The calmness around this place is perfect for those who love meditating.
- Gurudongmar Lake – This gem is located in Sikkim and is quite close to the Chinese border. It is known for the frozen parts in the fresh water and also the scenic views around. If you visit the place during November or December, then you will barely see any water. Most of it is covered in ice and looks no less than Iceland.
- Agatti Island – This stunning Island is a part of Lakshadweep Islands. It is one of the most beautiful places you will see in the country. The Agatti Island is a coral one and you can see tons of natural beauty around.
So what are you waiting for? Start making your list now!
Author – The author always discovers different locations during her trips around the country. Find some of her best works at www.travelkhana.com